About the Archive:

With magazines dating back to 1865 and recorded pupil memories from as early as 1879 it is difficult to say when the Archive was set up. In 2008 the generosity of Old Foresters and the Old Foresters Club funded the refurbishment of the present suite of rooms in the main School - formerly the boarding washroom area – and since then the collection has gone from strength to strength. Visitors are welcome, by appointment.

The Archive deals with a steady flow of enquiries concerning people such as Old Foresters, Masters, Head Masters, Wardens and support staff. Subject-based enquiries are extremely diverse, ranging from sport, such as cricket, football, rowing and squash, to Royal visits and the two World Wars.